Ever since I was a kid, I loved watching my mom in the kitchen preparing delicious and fulfilling meals with ease. My mom is a magician in the kitchen...(Read More)

Email ME!
  • 1. Winter
  • 2. Breakfast
  • 3. Love
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006


  • Nupur's Fork and Spoon
  • VK's Dhaba
  • Chef Paz
  • The Domestic Goddess
  • Lima Beans and Delhi Chaat
  • Almost Gourmet
  • Anthony's Bachelor Cooking
  • Zu's Kitchen
  • Rice and Noodles
  • Mahanandi
  • Tham Jiak
  • Naughty Curry
  • Atabela
  • Tigers & Strawberries
  • Nika's Culinaria
  • Chocolate & Zucchini
  • Coconut & Lime
  • Comfort Food
  • Messy Cucina
  • Cookerific
  • Lulu Loves London
  • Lera's Myriad Tastes
  • Zen Foodism
  • Priya's Kitchen
  • Always in the Kitchen
  • Sailu's Food





  • Global Voices Online, Jan 7, '06 - "Cooking up the World!"


    Female/26-30. Lives in Canada/Ontario/Toronto, speaks English. My interests are cooking, art, design,/writing, reading, .
    This is my blogchalk:
    Canada, Ontario, Toronto, English, Female, 26-30, cooking, art, design,, writing, reading, .


     Blog Top Sites
    Food & Drink Blogs by Indian Bloggers
    Top100Bloggers.com
    RSS Feed


  • Wednesday, September 21, 2005


    Just a little about me...

    Ever since I was a kid, I loved watching my mom in the kitchen preparing delicious and fulfilling meals with ease. My mom is a magician in the kitchen and my biggest inspiration. I still remember sneaking a wok and ladle into my room and pretending that I had my own cooking show, happily chatting away to the “camera” while I stirred and added the imaginary ingredients. Though cooking had always been a hobby, I only began to take it seriously when I moved out of home and into a hostel for college. Unwilling to survive on tasteless meals provided by the hostel cafeteria, I decided to wear the apron and armed with a ladle got to work. Nine years later, I am finally convinced of my talent. I stepped into the food blogging scene rather late, but have been able to build up a huge fanfare in a short span of time. This blog is my attempt at sharing my creativity and love of food with everyone. The encouragement to go on comes to me from all the lovely comments I get from fellow bloggers. I look at my blog as a food journal where I keep little notes that would come in very handy when I write my own cookbook. Now, if only that publisher would come along! Some of my recipes have been passed onto me from my mom, many of them have been created by me, and all of them have a story to tell. Like the Shakkarpare I made on the morning of our first Diwali (an Indian festival) together as a married couple, insisting that we had to start our own festive traditions. Or the Gobi Manchurian I managed to perfect, to taste exactly like those we get at hawker stalls in India. And especially my Meatball Biryani that I dished up because my husband is not too fond of pieces of chicken, with bones in it! Whatever it is, it was cooked and created to perfection. With my Mom being Malaysian, my Dad an Indian, me growing up in the Middle East and having been in Canada for the last few years, my recipes reflect the eclectic tastes that I have gathered along the way. I am currently working towards my diploma in Business Administration with a major in Marketing. I would love to step into the exciting world of advertising, but my secret ambition remains to have my very own restaurant!

    4 Comments:

    Anonymous johanna said...

    hi meena, just got your email, would be delighted to participate. great idea, i think, i love all things spicy, heritage from my mexican days, i guess.
    kidney beans is not something i usually use in my cooking, but i am intrigued and am already dreaming up some recipes!
    can't wait for the day to come!

    9/21/2005 04:37:00 PM  
    Blogger anthony said...

    Hi i also write a recipe once a while on my cookbook at Http://tonyskitchen.rediffblogs.com

    Will send my entries too but they ain't very spicy. I call my blog bachelor cooking, easy on the stomach

    10/07/2005 04:44:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello
    Very nice site.
    cholesterol online photo http://cholesterol.obyh.info/ cholesterol video
    vitamins doc read http://vitamins.obyh.info/ vitamins read
    hot tubs news online http://hot-tubs.obyh.info/ hot tubs news
    ford mustang news doc http://ford-mustang.obyh.info/ ford mustang doc
    las vegas hotels video doc http://las-vegas-hotels.obyh.info/ las vegas hotels news
    energy online news http://energy.obyh.info/ energy online
    zebra photo online http://zebra.obyh.info/ zebra news
    walt disney world online doc http://walt-disney-world.obyh.info/ walt disney world news
    tmobile read online http://tmobile.obyh.info/ tmobile online
    airfares news read http://airfares.obyh.info/ airfares news
    stocks online news http://stocks.obyh.info/ stocks read
    Bye

    12/01/2006 12:58:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    love the canucks t mobile usat mobile usa

    4/07/2007 04:06:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

  • Hummus
  • Mint-Coriander Chutney
  • Spicy Mango Salsa
  • Tamarind Chutney
  • Tomato and Onion Chutney
  • Cucumber Raita
  • Hot and Sour Tomato-Chicken soup
  • Malaysian Spicy Noodle Soup
  • Palak Dal
  • Roasted Cumin Raita
  • Spicy Lemon Chicken Soup
  • Spicy Potato Salad
  • Pizza Rolls
  • Shakkarpare and Namakpare
  • Tangy Paneer Pakodas
  • Vada Pav
  • Sabudana Khichdi
  • Sooji Chilas
  • Strawberry Pancakes
  • Boneless Chicken Curry with Potatoes
  • Chicken and Bean Stir-Fry
  • Dahi-wali Chicken Curry
  • Coconut Fish Curry
  • Crispy Chicken Strips
  • Easy Chicken Chili
  • Kadhai Chicken
  • Keema Matar
  • Malay-style Hot and Sour Fish Curry (Asam Pedas)
  • Methi Keema
  • Mutton Masala
  • Pepper Chicken
  • Tandoori Chicken
  • Egg Curry
  • Indian Scrambled Eggs
  • Onion and Egg Patties
  • Alu Bhaji
  • Alu Tamatarwale (Potatoes with Tomato)
  • Bagare Baingan (Stuffed Eggplants)
  • Cabbage with Peas
  • Chilly Paneer
  • Chole (Chickpea Curry)
  • Dal Fry
  • Gobi (Cauliflower) Manchurian
  • Hariyali Baingan (Eggplant)
  • Karela Masala (Tangy Bitter-gourd)
  • Masoor ki Dal
  • Matar Paneer (Cottage Cheese with Peas)
  • Paneer Matar Makhani
  • Paneer Shimla Mirch (Cottage Cheese with Green Peppers)
  • Spicy Tofu
  • Tadka Dal
  • Tinda Fry (Fried Round Gourd)
  • Malaysian Coconut Rice (Nasi Lemak)
  • Malaysian Stir-fried Noodles (Mee Goreng)
  • Matar Pulao (Peas Pilaf)
  • Meatball Biryani
  • Penne Arabiatta
  • Spicy Curry Fried Rice
  • Tomato Rice
  • Vegetable Fried Rice
  • Alu Parathas
  • Easy Foccacia Bread
  • Paneer Parathas
  • Plain Parathas
  • Chocolate Nut Tartlets
  • Chocolate-Strawberry Grilled Croissants
  • Sooji Halwa
  • Hot Mochalate
  • Masala Chai
  • Peppermint Hot Chocolate