Ever since I was a kid, I loved watching my mom in the kitchen preparing delicious and fulfilling meals with ease. My mom is a magician in the kitchen...(Read More)

Email ME!
  • 1. Winter
  • 2. Breakfast
  • 3. Love
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006


  • Nupur's Fork and Spoon
  • VK's Dhaba
  • Chef Paz
  • The Domestic Goddess
  • Lima Beans and Delhi Chaat
  • Almost Gourmet
  • Anthony's Bachelor Cooking
  • Zu's Kitchen
  • Rice and Noodles
  • Mahanandi
  • Tham Jiak
  • Naughty Curry
  • Atabela
  • Tigers & Strawberries
  • Nika's Culinaria
  • Chocolate & Zucchini
  • Coconut & Lime
  • Comfort Food
  • Messy Cucina
  • Cookerific
  • Lulu Loves London
  • Lera's Myriad Tastes
  • Zen Foodism
  • Priya's Kitchen
  • Always in the Kitchen
  • Sailu's Food





  • Global Voices Online, Jan 7, '06 - "Cooking up the World!"


    Female/26-30. Lives in Canada/Ontario/Toronto, speaks English. My interests are cooking, art, design,/writing, reading, .
    This is my blogchalk:
    Canada, Ontario, Toronto, English, Female, 26-30, cooking, art, design,, writing, reading, .


     Blog Top Sites
    Food & Drink Blogs by Indian Bloggers
    Top100Bloggers.com
    RSS Feed


  • Monday, November 21, 2005


    A medley of flavours...

    I love stir-frys! They are so easy to make and truly yummy! Stir-fry's in my kitchen are usually a medley of mixed veggies tossed in various spices and sauces. It hardly takes time to gather the ingredients and once that is ready to go, everythingis tossed together on high heat. Its a very versatile dish where you can add any flavours that you love, making it as sweet, sour or spicy as you like. And for those of you who know me, I love mine SPICY!! I make my stir-frys on a whim with whatever is available in my fridge. There is no particular recipe I follow and no two stir-frys of mine ever taste the same. I was just cleaning out the fridge today and decided to use the little scraps of left-over veggies to wok up a medley of flavours! Chicken and Bean Stir-Fry Ingredients: 1 chicken breast chopped into tiny bite-size pieces 2 cups green beans (I love having the frozen ones in my freezer all the time) 2 stalks of green onion sliced into 1-inch pieces 3-4 stalks of celery chopped in bite-size pieces 1 cup sliced red pepper 1 tbsp soya sauce 1 cube chicken buillion 1 tsp curry powder 1/2 tsp red chili powder 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper salt, to taste 2 tbsp cooking oil Method: Heat oil in a wok and add chicken pieces. Stir-fry till chicken is cooked through and add chili powder, curry powder, buillion cube and black pepper. Stir-fry for a minute and add celery and beans. Cook for a minute or two and add red pepper and green onion. Add soya sauce and salt and stir- fry for a few minute till all the flavours blend together. Serve over warm rice and enjoy!

    15 Comments:

    Blogger Unknown!!! said...

    WOW...never thgt some one will put up blog on coooking...really a great idea... hatsoff to you...all mouth watering...hmm now i'll show this one to my mom...

    11/21/2005 12:38:00 PM  
    Blogger shammi said...

    Hi Meena, dont you find that the frozen green beans taste (and look) kind of rubbery when cooked? Or maybe you have a special way of cooking frozen ones so that they taste good? Would love to know! I usually only use fresh green beans.

    11/22/2005 01:09:00 PM  
    Blogger Meena said...

    Shammi: Thanks for dropping by Shammi!

    No, infact I don't think ffrozen beans lack in taste in anyway. I just dont cook them long enough since I like the crunch in the bite. I always have a pack in my freezer for emergencies.

    But of course! Nothing beats fresh veggies!!

    11/22/2005 01:28:00 PM  
    Blogger Kapil said...

    That's how I like to cook -without any strict adherance to reciped. Mop up something based on the taste and how the heart feels. I believe if you cook like that there can be real taste rather than just the masala.

    11/26/2005 12:32:00 AM  
    Blogger Meena said...

    I totally agree Kapil. I believe the food will taste great if you cook from the heart! I never follow recipes, I definitely use them as guidelines, but don't follow them per se!

    11/26/2005 10:56:00 AM  
    Blogger Scott A. Edwards said...

    WARNING: A new immensely powerful viral marketing system has been released, which allows marketers to broadcast messages directly to people's desktops. Learn more about it here: residual income site. It pretty much covers residual income related stuff and it is FREE to join.

    11/08/2006 04:07:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

    2/19/2010 02:36:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

    2/19/2010 11:59:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    PRILIGY(DAPOXETINE) has been found to be safe and effective for the treatment of premature

    ejaculation, according to two major clinical trials. Dapoxetine is a short-acting

    selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI).

    12/11/2010 02:10:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

    12/14/2010 04:21:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello! I am [url=http://topshoesonlinestore.com]shoes shipping worldwide[/url]
    Because online [b]shoes shipping worldwide[/b].
    I was looking for a [b]shoe store uk [/b]to wear with jeans and casual outfits, and also for slightly dressier outfits. These are more dressy than casual, and didn't fit what I needed. The also ran very small, I ordered an 11ww for my 10-10 1/2 wide foot and they fit with little room to spare. On my right foot they rubbed the joint where my big toe joins my foot. Also the leather was much stiffer than I anticipated. The inside is the shiny leather or leather-look material that tends to make your feet sweat if worn without socks. Pretty shoe, would be okay for someone with an average width foot looking for a work or church type shoe, but had to go back for my purposes. I ordered the Clarks Book Romance instead, they are super soft, casual, and are okay to wear without socks.
    [url=http://topshoesonlinestore.com]shoe store uk[/url]
    SO amy be you known so [url=http://topshoesonlinestore.com]shoes shipping worldwide[/url], buy increase
    Query[url=http://topshoesonlinestore.com]shoes international shipping[/url] and shoes store uk so known why qip internet explorer keys not [url=http://topshoesonlinestore.com]shoe store uk[/url]

    12/27/2010 04:17:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Interesting for)) ff

    12/30/2010 10:38:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Resources like the one you mentioned here will be very useful to me! I will post a link to this page on my blog. I am sure my visitors will find that very useful.

    1/12/2011 09:54:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    all Good Morning! Wish to get free sample pills? It's easy! [url=http://hcgrecipes.sc-specialhost.com]hcg recipe[/url] [url=http://xenical-side-effects.sc-specialhost.com]xenical side effects[/url] [url=http://meridia.sc-specialhost.com]meridia[/url] [url=http://sibutramina.sc-specialhost.com]sibutramina[/url] [url=http://zimulti.sc-specialhost.com]zimulti[/url]

    1/12/2013 05:14:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Favoured friends, when I take not asked for require anyone to help, but soul is such a cruel attitude, that
    organize to request looking for help. I'm in a very touchy situation, petition Your friends, escape
    they can, how much can. I want be hugely grateful to You.
    Perfect Money U 1557851 E 1512655 send: alexxx767@gmail.com
    PayPal : alexxx767@gmail.com

    4/08/2013 02:01:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

  • Hummus
  • Mint-Coriander Chutney
  • Spicy Mango Salsa
  • Tamarind Chutney
  • Tomato and Onion Chutney
  • Cucumber Raita
  • Hot and Sour Tomato-Chicken soup
  • Malaysian Spicy Noodle Soup
  • Palak Dal
  • Roasted Cumin Raita
  • Spicy Lemon Chicken Soup
  • Spicy Potato Salad
  • Pizza Rolls
  • Shakkarpare and Namakpare
  • Tangy Paneer Pakodas
  • Vada Pav
  • Sabudana Khichdi
  • Sooji Chilas
  • Strawberry Pancakes
  • Boneless Chicken Curry with Potatoes
  • Chicken and Bean Stir-Fry
  • Dahi-wali Chicken Curry
  • Coconut Fish Curry
  • Crispy Chicken Strips
  • Easy Chicken Chili
  • Kadhai Chicken
  • Keema Matar
  • Malay-style Hot and Sour Fish Curry (Asam Pedas)
  • Methi Keema
  • Mutton Masala
  • Pepper Chicken
  • Tandoori Chicken
  • Egg Curry
  • Indian Scrambled Eggs
  • Onion and Egg Patties
  • Alu Bhaji
  • Alu Tamatarwale (Potatoes with Tomato)
  • Bagare Baingan (Stuffed Eggplants)
  • Cabbage with Peas
  • Chilly Paneer
  • Chole (Chickpea Curry)
  • Dal Fry
  • Gobi (Cauliflower) Manchurian
  • Hariyali Baingan (Eggplant)
  • Karela Masala (Tangy Bitter-gourd)
  • Masoor ki Dal
  • Matar Paneer (Cottage Cheese with Peas)
  • Paneer Matar Makhani
  • Paneer Shimla Mirch (Cottage Cheese with Green Peppers)
  • Spicy Tofu
  • Tadka Dal
  • Tinda Fry (Fried Round Gourd)
  • Malaysian Coconut Rice (Nasi Lemak)
  • Malaysian Stir-fried Noodles (Mee Goreng)
  • Matar Pulao (Peas Pilaf)
  • Meatball Biryani
  • Penne Arabiatta
  • Spicy Curry Fried Rice
  • Tomato Rice
  • Vegetable Fried Rice
  • Alu Parathas
  • Easy Foccacia Bread
  • Paneer Parathas
  • Plain Parathas
  • Chocolate Nut Tartlets
  • Chocolate-Strawberry Grilled Croissants
  • Sooji Halwa
  • Hot Mochalate
  • Masala Chai
  • Peppermint Hot Chocolate