Ever since I was a kid, I loved watching my mom in the kitchen preparing delicious and fulfilling meals with ease. My mom is a magician in the kitchen...(Read More)

Email ME!
  • 1. Winter
  • 2. Breakfast
  • 3. Love
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006


  • Nupur's Fork and Spoon
  • VK's Dhaba
  • Chef Paz
  • The Domestic Goddess
  • Lima Beans and Delhi Chaat
  • Almost Gourmet
  • Anthony's Bachelor Cooking
  • Zu's Kitchen
  • Rice and Noodles
  • Mahanandi
  • Tham Jiak
  • Naughty Curry
  • Atabela
  • Tigers & Strawberries
  • Nika's Culinaria
  • Chocolate & Zucchini
  • Coconut & Lime
  • Comfort Food
  • Messy Cucina
  • Cookerific
  • Lulu Loves London
  • Lera's Myriad Tastes
  • Zen Foodism
  • Priya's Kitchen
  • Always in the Kitchen
  • Sailu's Food





  • Global Voices Online, Jan 7, '06 - "Cooking up the World!"


    Female/26-30. Lives in Canada/Ontario/Toronto, speaks English. My interests are cooking, art, design,/writing, reading, .
    This is my blogchalk:
    Canada, Ontario, Toronto, English, Female, 26-30, cooking, art, design,, writing, reading, .


     Blog Top Sites
    Food & Drink Blogs by Indian Bloggers
    Top100Bloggers.com
    RSS Feed


  • Thursday, December 15, 2005


    A cup of Chai...

    I'm a coffee person, and if I can say so myself, kind of a coffee addict. I've never like tea and that has always shocked people around me. You see, tea is sort of the national drink in India. A hot cup of tea is always served to guest right as they enter the door. I've got many a wierd look when I kindly refuse to take the steaming cup and ask for coffee instead. But that's just the way it is. I don't know how or why, but I became a coffee lover - much to the amazement of my parents! Hubby dear on the other hand, is a true blue Indian tea lover. Nothing can soothe and calm his senses any more than my special cup og masala chai, that I must honestly confess, he taught me how to make! But after all this time of brewing the perfect cuppa for him, he admits that I make it much better than he ever did. Masala Chai (Indian Spiced Tea)

    Ingredients: 2 cups water 2 tsp tea powder 1/2 cup milk 5-6 cloves 5-6 green cardamom pods a pinch of crushed black pepper sugar, to taste Method: Boil water in a small pan and add tea and spices. Add in milk, lower the heat and allow it to come to a boil. Pour into cups through a strainer and add sugar according to taste. Serve hot and feel your nerves begin to relax. Tastes great with any sort for fried Indian snacks - like the Onion and Egg Patties seen in the pic!

    3 Comments:

    Anonymous paz said...

    I could use this right now. Can I use any type of teabag?

    Paz

    12/15/2005 07:41:00 PM  
    Blogger Meena said...

    Hi Paz!

    I'd suggest using plain tea, or at the least "English Breakfast", since other flavoured teas would not taste good with the spices.

    I do hope you like it. Let me know how it goes!

    12/15/2005 08:03:00 PM  
    Blogger Sdit. said...

    I heard sometimes people put Ginger in this also?
    Is this a regional thing?

    2/23/2006 01:57:00 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

  • Hummus
  • Mint-Coriander Chutney
  • Spicy Mango Salsa
  • Tamarind Chutney
  • Tomato and Onion Chutney
  • Cucumber Raita
  • Hot and Sour Tomato-Chicken soup
  • Malaysian Spicy Noodle Soup
  • Palak Dal
  • Roasted Cumin Raita
  • Spicy Lemon Chicken Soup
  • Spicy Potato Salad
  • Pizza Rolls
  • Shakkarpare and Namakpare
  • Tangy Paneer Pakodas
  • Vada Pav
  • Sabudana Khichdi
  • Sooji Chilas
  • Strawberry Pancakes
  • Boneless Chicken Curry with Potatoes
  • Chicken and Bean Stir-Fry
  • Dahi-wali Chicken Curry
  • Coconut Fish Curry
  • Crispy Chicken Strips
  • Easy Chicken Chili
  • Kadhai Chicken
  • Keema Matar
  • Malay-style Hot and Sour Fish Curry (Asam Pedas)
  • Methi Keema
  • Mutton Masala
  • Pepper Chicken
  • Tandoori Chicken
  • Egg Curry
  • Indian Scrambled Eggs
  • Onion and Egg Patties
  • Alu Bhaji
  • Alu Tamatarwale (Potatoes with Tomato)
  • Bagare Baingan (Stuffed Eggplants)
  • Cabbage with Peas
  • Chilly Paneer
  • Chole (Chickpea Curry)
  • Dal Fry
  • Gobi (Cauliflower) Manchurian
  • Hariyali Baingan (Eggplant)
  • Karela Masala (Tangy Bitter-gourd)
  • Masoor ki Dal
  • Matar Paneer (Cottage Cheese with Peas)
  • Paneer Matar Makhani
  • Paneer Shimla Mirch (Cottage Cheese with Green Peppers)
  • Spicy Tofu
  • Tadka Dal
  • Tinda Fry (Fried Round Gourd)
  • Malaysian Coconut Rice (Nasi Lemak)
  • Malaysian Stir-fried Noodles (Mee Goreng)
  • Matar Pulao (Peas Pilaf)
  • Meatball Biryani
  • Penne Arabiatta
  • Spicy Curry Fried Rice
  • Tomato Rice
  • Vegetable Fried Rice
  • Alu Parathas
  • Easy Foccacia Bread
  • Paneer Parathas
  • Plain Parathas
  • Chocolate Nut Tartlets
  • Chocolate-Strawberry Grilled Croissants
  • Sooji Halwa
  • Hot Mochalate
  • Masala Chai
  • Peppermint Hot Chocolate