Ever since I was a kid, I loved watching my mom in the kitchen preparing delicious and fulfilling meals with ease. My mom is a magician in the kitchen...(Read More)

Email ME!
  • 1. Winter
  • 2. Breakfast
  • 3. Love
  • September 2005
  • October 2005
  • November 2005
  • December 2005
  • January 2006
  • February 2006


  • Nupur's Fork and Spoon
  • VK's Dhaba
  • Chef Paz
  • The Domestic Goddess
  • Lima Beans and Delhi Chaat
  • Almost Gourmet
  • Anthony's Bachelor Cooking
  • Zu's Kitchen
  • Rice and Noodles
  • Mahanandi
  • Tham Jiak
  • Naughty Curry
  • Atabela
  • Tigers & Strawberries
  • Nika's Culinaria
  • Chocolate & Zucchini
  • Coconut & Lime
  • Comfort Food
  • Messy Cucina
  • Cookerific
  • Lulu Loves London
  • Lera's Myriad Tastes
  • Zen Foodism
  • Priya's Kitchen
  • Always in the Kitchen
  • Sailu's Food





  • Global Voices Online, Jan 7, '06 - "Cooking up the World!"


    Female/26-30. Lives in Canada/Ontario/Toronto, speaks English. My interests are cooking, art, design,/writing, reading, .
    This is my blogchalk:
    Canada, Ontario, Toronto, English, Female, 26-30, cooking, art, design,, writing, reading, .


     Blog Top Sites
    Food & Drink Blogs by Indian Bloggers
    Top100Bloggers.com
    RSS Feed


  • Tuesday, January 03, 2006


    From my Rasoi # 2 - A fresh start!!

    Hey Hey Hey!! We had an amazing response in the inaugural chapter of the From my Rasoi - Winter event, with eager participants mailing me asking to the next theme to be announced as soon as possible! Well, here I am again with a theme for this month's cook-off. (Drum rolls please...) Finally a year has once again come to an end and a new one is here to greet us. When I was contemplating on what theme to propose for this month's FMR issue, I decided that it had to do something with welcoming and accepting 2006 with open arms. That got me thinking deeper. Each day we go to bed at night hoping the morning would bring us better fortune. We wake up ready to face the new day. And as you may have heard a million times over, a good breakfast is always a great way to start. So why not dedicate the start of this wonderful year to the first and most important meal of the day - Breakfast!! That's right people...Breakfast is the theme for January 2006! So grab that cooking garb and get to work. The rules are simple: 1: All you have to do, is come up with a recipe to share based on the announced theme, that will highlight the taste on India. It can be anything and in any form, shape or size, sweet, savoury or even drinks! Special points for those who have a story to tell along with it. Is there a childhood memory attached, a family tradition, or just something you associate with, whatever it is, we want to hear about it! 2: Email me the link to your post and on the last Friday of the month (January 27, 2006), and I will do a write-up on all the participants and their submissions. Do feel free to download and post the "From my Rasoi" banners on your site to let others know you are participating and spreading out the word. I'd greatly appreciate it! So come on friends, lets get together and introduce others to the exotic and wonderful flavours of the Indian cuisine. Happy Cooking!!

    15 Comments:

    Blogger Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

    Hi Meena... thats a wonderful start. I was unable to participate in Winter theme, due to a very busy year ending.. But am surely gonna post my most wonderful breakfast recipe very soon..

    Happy New Year & Compliments of the season !!!!

    1/03/2006 01:05:00 PM  
    Blogger Kay said...

    Meena, That's wonderful! I'll make a post on the standard Tamilian breakfast 'Idli' along with something special that makes our Sundays!

    1/03/2006 02:30:00 PM  
    Blogger Meena said...

    Jennifer: You are most welcome Jennifer! I will be waiting for your delicious entry!

    Kay: Wow Kay1 you better hurry. I love a good South Indian breakfast topped with the delicious coffee. I'm dying to see your idli recipe!

    1/03/2006 02:40:00 PM  
    Blogger Garam Masala said...

    hey Meena

    Great idea... Most mornings, breakfast constitutes of cold cereal. I look forward to some great breakfast ideas for next month!

    1/03/2006 03:47:00 PM  
    Blogger Meena said...

    Hey GM!

    i know what you mean! i often skip breakfast. I guess this will be a good excuse for me to have a hearty one too.

    Cheers!

    1/03/2006 04:09:00 PM  
    Blogger Sury said...

    Wow. Another great theme, Meena! You are actually giving us reasons to indulge in foodie vices. lol. Can't wait to take part in this round as well.

    Congrats, once again on hosting this wonderful event!

    1/03/2006 11:59:00 PM  
    Blogger sailu said...

    Wow,Meena...:)
    That's a great theme I am looking forward to participate....share and learn some great b'fast dishes.

    1/04/2006 04:27:00 AM  
    Anonymous Lera said...

    Meena, been a while since I visited your site, you do have a Great theme for the New Year I would say,who wouldn't love this theme of yours :)

    Best wishes!

    1/04/2006 10:26:00 AM  
    Blogger Kay said...

    Meena, Here's my entry for this month's FMR Idlis with Prawns Curry

    1/04/2006 01:06:00 PM  
    Blogger Meena said...

    Sury: Thanks Sury! looking forward to your contribution!

    Sailu: Hi Sailu! I can't wait to see all the responses myself!

    Lera: Hi Lera! Long time no see...get cooking girl! I can't wait to see what you have instore for breakfast!

    Kay: Hi Kay1 That was quick. Thanks a ton!

    1/04/2006 01:30:00 PM  
    Blogger Sam said...

    this is great. I wish i could take part but I committed to host sugar high friday on that day. I wantd to take part in the last one but were were away in a cabin in tahoe without the necessary spices to make indian food.

    How would someone like me, who has had many an evening curry in her lifetime, but never eaten an indian breakfast, go about finding any info on indian breakfasts?

    I have one idea.
    And what about uttapam - are they breakfast food?

    maybe i will enter but be a bit late with my entry...?

    1/09/2006 09:27:00 PM  
    Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

    Hey Meenakshi,

    first of all a very happy new yr to you. Hope you are having a good time .

    Iam sorry i was unable to submit my entry in december but i would like to for this one ...

    take care

    1/13/2006 03:00:00 AM  
    Blogger Alanna said...

    Loved the breakfast challenge -- I made Cucumber Pancakes! Alanna

    1/23/2006 09:15:00 AM  
    Anonymous Gini said...

    Hi Meena. looks like my troubles with IE are over now. My entry is now at Madakku saan -Kerala breakfast.

    1/25/2006 08:26:00 PM  
    Blogger Sunlight said...

    I will have to try the recipes that you have posted almost lunch time and I am getting hungry just looking at the images.

    1/26/2006 03:40:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home

  • Hummus
  • Mint-Coriander Chutney
  • Spicy Mango Salsa
  • Tamarind Chutney
  • Tomato and Onion Chutney
  • Cucumber Raita
  • Hot and Sour Tomato-Chicken soup
  • Malaysian Spicy Noodle Soup
  • Palak Dal
  • Roasted Cumin Raita
  • Spicy Lemon Chicken Soup
  • Spicy Potato Salad
  • Pizza Rolls
  • Shakkarpare and Namakpare
  • Tangy Paneer Pakodas
  • Vada Pav
  • Sabudana Khichdi
  • Sooji Chilas
  • Strawberry Pancakes
  • Boneless Chicken Curry with Potatoes
  • Chicken and Bean Stir-Fry
  • Dahi-wali Chicken Curry
  • Coconut Fish Curry
  • Crispy Chicken Strips
  • Easy Chicken Chili
  • Kadhai Chicken
  • Keema Matar
  • Malay-style Hot and Sour Fish Curry (Asam Pedas)
  • Methi Keema
  • Mutton Masala
  • Pepper Chicken
  • Tandoori Chicken
  • Egg Curry
  • Indian Scrambled Eggs
  • Onion and Egg Patties
  • Alu Bhaji
  • Alu Tamatarwale (Potatoes with Tomato)
  • Bagare Baingan (Stuffed Eggplants)
  • Cabbage with Peas
  • Chilly Paneer
  • Chole (Chickpea Curry)
  • Dal Fry
  • Gobi (Cauliflower) Manchurian
  • Hariyali Baingan (Eggplant)
  • Karela Masala (Tangy Bitter-gourd)
  • Masoor ki Dal
  • Matar Paneer (Cottage Cheese with Peas)
  • Paneer Matar Makhani
  • Paneer Shimla Mirch (Cottage Cheese with Green Peppers)
  • Spicy Tofu
  • Tadka Dal
  • Tinda Fry (Fried Round Gourd)
  • Malaysian Coconut Rice (Nasi Lemak)
  • Malaysian Stir-fried Noodles (Mee Goreng)
  • Matar Pulao (Peas Pilaf)
  • Meatball Biryani
  • Penne Arabiatta
  • Spicy Curry Fried Rice
  • Tomato Rice
  • Vegetable Fried Rice
  • Alu Parathas
  • Easy Foccacia Bread
  • Paneer Parathas
  • Plain Parathas
  • Chocolate Nut Tartlets
  • Chocolate-Strawberry Grilled Croissants
  • Sooji Halwa
  • Hot Mochalate
  • Masala Chai
  • Peppermint Hot Chocolate